Puppy Diet Plan | 11 Foods Dangerous To Puppies & Dogs
What To Avoid
- Avocados can cause gastrointestinal irritation with vomiting and diarrhea, if eaten in sufficient quantity.
- Baby food may contain onion powder which can cause gastrointestinal irritation – does not provide balanced nutrition.
- Raw Or Cooked Bones can cause gastrointestinal obstruction and perforation – may be contaminated with salmonella or E. coli, overeating a cooked bone can cause severe constipation.
- Chocolate contains methylxanthines which are caffeine-like compounds that can cause vomiting, diarrhea, heart abnormalities, tremors, seizures and death. Darker chocolates contain higher levels of the toxic compounds.
- Grapes And Raisins can cause kidney failure if eaten in sufficient quantities (toxic dosage varies from dog to dog).
- Macadamia Nuts: can cause vomiting, weakness, lack of coordination and other symptoms.
- Milk can cause diarrhea.
- Onions And Garlic can cause gastrointestinal irritation and anemia if eaten in sufficient quantity.
- Raw Egg Whites contain an enzyme that prevents uptake of biotin, an important B vitamin – may contain salmonella.
- Raw Meats may contain harmful bacteria such as salmonella or E. coli.
- Yeast Bread Dough can rise in the gastrointestinal tract, causing obstruction, producing alcohol as it rises.